15 February 2006

Spunk.

An explosion of punky spunk was fired from the radio on Monday night. Bomb Factory's first session for the wireless was transmitted by 209 Radio (Cambridge community station gloriously shitting airwaves with a temp FM licence). It was a surreal experience, there I was, finger poised on the record button waiting to capture the moment on 'cassette tape' - it brought flashbacks of doing exactly the same for Idlewild when they rocked the Shetlands for Radio One. Thing is, none of us had heard the recordings, which were done in a very old scout hut. 'Would it be total shite??' was the thought running through my diseased brain.
When the tracks were blasted out I roared with approval throughout, much to the annoyance of my karaoke loving neighbours. I'm not sure why I made this noise - there was nobody else in the room at the time. Anyway, we're all pleased with the tracks and are now trying to liberate a copy from 209 to put up on our trusty website and maybe a few CDs too. Developments will be posted here.

Ta very much to 209 Radio, Mulletboy Michael for recording and mixing us and Saint Zoe for letting me pound their drum kit.

That is all.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment